Stevens Pass opens rail park to skiers on Saturday
The good news is that skiers and snowboarders will get their first chance to play on the mountain Saturday. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., a preseason rail park will be open at the top of the Hogsback Express Chairlift, where there's 2 feet of snow. The features and terrain are tailored to intermediate to advanced skills levels.
There will be giveaways from Capita snowboards, Union Bindings and COAL Headwear.
Lift tickets are $12, free if you have a bike park pass or 2013-14 season pass for the mountain. The snow is thin down low, so you'll have to take the chair for the trip back down. More info is here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.