My answer would be yes to all three questions.
So a couple of weeks ago, I scoured Etsy for a new plan. More Than a Memory caught my interest. You choose the chores, set the prices, and get one board for each child.
Probably you could make this yourself at home, but I was feeling very low on time and inspiration at the moment. Luckily, I had some money in my Pay Pal account, so I was all set to let Etsy be creative for me.
Our new chore chart came on Friday and we've had fun with it all week. (In real life, the two side boards have my children's names on them, but I flipped the boards over for the purpose of privacy.)
When they each reach the $5 mark, they get paid. That keeps me from dolling out a quarter here, a quarter there.
The hard part was figuring out how much to pay for each job. I might have made some key mistakes, I'm not sure yet. I posted this on my personal Facebook wall, and my friends kept joking "Send your kids over to me. I'll pay them $5.50 to clean my whole house!"
For more ideas on kids and money, please check out my Pinterest board.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.