Shutdown cancels program for kids in N. Cascades
This includes Mountain School, a popular program that gets kids up into the park to learn about ecosystems, geology and more.
Some of the students who were hoping to go to Mountain School have written to the president and their representatives.
You can read a couple letters here, along with many more details about what effects the shutdown has had for the institute and those who use its programs.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
- 'Mile ... Mile & a Half' a gorgeous, charming film about John Muir Trail March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.