This includes Mountain School, a popular program that gets kids up into the park to learn about ecosystems, geology and more.
Some of the students who were hoping to go to Mountain School have written to the president and their representatives.
You can read a couple letters here, along with many more details about what effects the shutdown has had for the institute and those who use its programs.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
- Campfire restrictions lifted in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie forests Sep. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.