Shutdown cancels program for kids in N. Cascades
This includes Mountain School, a popular program that gets kids up into the park to learn about ecosystems, geology and more.
Some of the students who were hoping to go to Mountain School have written to the president and their representatives.
You can read a couple letters here, along with many more details about what effects the shutdown has had for the institute and those who use its programs.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Get to know the wild Cascades with wide range of classes March 8
- Mount Rainier snowplay area won't open this season March 6
- Whale watching trips begin Saturday in Everett March 4
- Captain hopes to bring historic boat back to Whidbey March 4
- Clear out your outdoors gear or buy more at Everett swap March 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.