The event will begin with a social time and refreshments at 6 p.m., followed by the forum at 6:30.
The six candidates for the three contested positions on the City Council will take questions at the senior-center-sponsored event, with questions coming from community members over age 60.
The three contested city council positions are these: Position 3 – incumbent Douglas McCardle and challenger Stephen Barnes; Position 4 -- incumbent Kyoko Wright and challenger Wanda Clarke-Morin; Position 5 -- incumbent Bryan Wahl and challenger Leonard French vying for a two-year term.
The two unopposed city council incumbents -- Rick Ryan for Position 1 and Jerry Smith for Position 2 – will make introductory statements but not take questions.
Democratic County Council candidate Terry Ryan has accepted an invitation, but Republican Robert Reedy has not yet responded, according to a spokesman for the Mountlake Terrace senior center. The two are running for the position that Councilman Dave Gossett is giving up because of term limits.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Look to bottom of ballot to find Community Transit measure Oct. 1
- Monday, Oct. 5, deadline for voter registration Sep. 30
- Issue statements from Edmonds Council candidates Petso and Tibbott Sep. 30
- What’s on November ballots in south Snohomish County Sep. 29
- Issue statements from candidates for an open school board position Sep. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.