All eight Mountlake Terrace council candidates to appear at Monday forum
The event will begin with a social time and refreshments at 6 p.m., followed by the forum at 6:30.
The six candidates for the three contested positions on the City Council will take questions at the senior-center-sponsored event, with questions coming from community members over age 60.
The three contested city council positions are these: Position 3 – incumbent Douglas McCardle and challenger Stephen Barnes; Position 4 -- incumbent Kyoko Wright and challenger Wanda Clarke-Morin; Position 5 -- incumbent Bryan Wahl and challenger Leonard French vying for a two-year term.
The two unopposed city council incumbents -- Rick Ryan for Position 1 and Jerry Smith for Position 2 – will make introductory statements but not take questions.
Democratic County Council candidate Terry Ryan has accepted an invitation, but Republican Robert Reedy has not yet responded, according to a spokesman for the Mountlake Terrace senior center. The two are running for the position that Councilman Dave Gossett is giving up because of term limits.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.