Spitz was signed after Unger was injured in Seattle's Week 3 win over Jacksonville, and was active as Seattle's backup center the past two weeks behind Lemuel Jeanpierre, but did not play.
Walters, who is from Kirkland, was signed to Seattle's practice squad late last season and spent training camp with the Seahawks. His signing gives Seattle five receivers on the 53-man roster after having just four last week when Stephen Williams was released to make room on the roster for Bruce Irvin.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.