This move was probably inevitable. Everett is nine games into the season and Skrumeda has yet to see the ice. The Tips were also carrying nine defensemen, which was at least one too many. Skrumeda needs to be playing, and hopefully he'll get some good action with the Blues.
That said, Skrumeda probably showed enough during preseason and practices that he's still in Everett's plans for the future. And with Everett potentially losing three defensemen to international duty around the Christmas break (Mirco Mueller is a lock to play for Switzerland at World Juniors, Kevin Davis and Noah Juulsen are both candidates for Team Pacific at the U-17s), I wouldn't be surprised to see Skrumeda called up for a few games.
With Skrumeda reassigned, Everett is carrying 23 players on its roster: 13 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders. I would guess the Tips will stick with this number for the time being.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Sutter's goal not enough as Medicine Hat Tigers top Everett Silvertips Nov. 20
- Medicine Hat legend Bob Ridley calls tonight's Tigers-Silvertips game Nov. 20
- Everett Silvertips' Remi Laurencelle played well in return to Lethbridge Nov. 19
- Everett Silvertips fall 4-3 to Lethbridge Hurricanes as three-game winning streak is snapped Nov. 18
- Everett Silvertips vs. Lethbridge Hurricanes live blog and pre-game links Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.