Green, a junior, was 7-of-12 for 180 yards and two touchdowns last week in Darrington's 49-8 win over Tacoma Baptist. He also had 56 rushing yards and another touchdown on the ground on six carries.
Green joins teammate Garrett Green who won the award in week two, rushing for over 150 yards and three touchdowns in a 48-19 win over Bridgeport. Garrett Green also had an interception, eight solo tackles and 120 return yards in the Darrington win.
The Greens have helped Darrington start the year with a 5-1 record, including a perfect 3-0 mark in the Northwest 2B League.
It was the second big award this season for Trent Green, who was also a "Gridiron Elite" club member at the Lawyer Milloy and Golden Tate Football Camp last summer at Pacific Lutheran University. According to a press release, "Green was able to out play over 100 campers to be selected as part of the program's prestigious Gridiron Elite club."
As a member of the Gridiron Club, which featured the top athletes at the camp as selected by the coaching staff at the camp, Green's information was sent to over 2,000 college coaches throughout the nation by Sports International, a youth camp organization that put on the camp.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.