The fire broke out about 11:40 a.m. in the 20400 block of 28th Avenue W., said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
One man was taken to a local hospital for exposure to smoke and flames. He is expected to survive.
Firefighters responded from throughout south Snohomish County. Crews remained at the scene for several hours working on hot spots.
The building sustained heavy damage. The American Red Cross was helping the people who were displaced.
Investigators believe the man who was injured accidentally started the fire when he was working in the garage. He apparently stumbled and spilled gasoline, which ignited, Hynes said.
More Local News Headlines
Father of high-school shooter guilty in gun-possession case Driver jailed after construction flagger is hit by car Executive to unveil Snohomish County budget proposal Man seriously injured in U.S. 2 crash between Monroe, Snohomish The fruits of fall Community Transit set to get new double-decker buses rolling ‘No quick decision’ on Snohomish County courthouse Marysville installing traffic circles in some neighborhoods
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.