The fire broke out about 11:40 a.m. in the 20400 block of 28th Avenue W., said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
One man was taken to a local hospital for exposure to smoke and flames. He is expected to survive.
Firefighters responded from throughout south Snohomish County. Crews remained at the scene for several hours working on hot spots.
The building sustained heavy damage. The American Red Cross was helping the people who were displaced.
Investigators believe the man who was injured accidentally started the fire when he was working in the garage. He apparently stumbled and spilled gasoline, which ignited, Hynes said.
More Local News Headlines
Storm hit Index particularly hard, bringing down hundreds of trees Bridge over I-5 enters final phases Lynnwood receives $5 million to widen 196th Street Kids explain it all: 'Thanksgiving is all about turkeys' Jail might start housing Seattle inmates once again Arrest prompts tips to prevent theft of delivered packages Homeless man pleads guilty in knife attack at Lynnwood RV park Recount will decide Lynnwood race; election turnout deemed ‘discouraging’
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.