SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.