SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Inslee won't call special session to deal with charter school ruling Sep. 11
- After ruling, future is murky for state’s charter schools Sep. 10
- Vance, former GOP party leader, opens campaign against Murray Sep. 8
- High court bombshell: State's charter school law is unconstitutional Sep. 4
- Supreme Court won't stop vote on latest Eyman measure Sep. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.