Former House Speaker Tom Foley has died
SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Retailers in Smokey Point, Camano Island snag pot store licenses July 7
- Eyman fails to qualify measure for fall ballot July 3
- Snohomish County GOP tardy on filing campaign reports July 2
- New study: Teacher work day not all about teaching July 1
- State hires NY firm for oil transportation study June 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.