Former House Speaker Tom Foley has died
SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Hobbs offers plan to end deadlock on transportation package March 7
- Colorado lawmakers to (finally) pay off Super Bowl bet March 3
- Two Republicans emerge to challenge DelBene Feb. 27
- Inslee, Dorn drafting fix to retain federal school waiver Feb. 25
- Democrats offer tax plan to boost school funding Feb. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.