SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Inslee offers 'guidance' on carbon emissions cap, desires adoption in a year Aug. 14
- There’s no ignoring the chatter around county executive race Aug. 13
- Democrats block attempt to hold earlier presidential primary Aug. 11
- State will conduct meaningless vote on gas tax hike July 23
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.