Former House Speaker Tom Foley has died
SeattlePI.com's Joel Connelly wrote this morning of the death of the longtime Eastern Washington leader who had been in deteriorating health for months. Foley was 84.
Foley served in Congress for three decades including his stint as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1989-95.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.