The off-ramp from southbound I-5 to Highway 529 also will be closed during those hours. Drivers who need to reach Smith Island can enter Highway 529 via State Avenue in Marysville or follow a detour route on southbound I-5 to northbound Highway 529.
Crews have already replaced four steel axles, wheels and dozens of counterweight cables in the lift mechanism for the 60-year-old drawbridge.
For more information on the $1.71 million project, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr529/snohomishbridgerepair/.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
- A source for answers to some tolling questions Nov. 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.