Weekend reading: Crazy skiers and crazier goats
Let's start with this insane video of a skier surviving a massive avalanche.
That thing he is wearing on his back is an ABS airbag. You can learn more about them here.
Now how about a video of 30 skiers doing a backflip while holding hands? Because, why not?
Here's something a little more tranquil. A 45-second time lapse of frost melting at Stevens Pass. Pretty.
National parks are open again. Yay! Celebrate by looking at these amazing photos that take a new look at national parks.
Here's some hard-hitting news from America's Finest News Source. The Onion reports that "Chipmunk's Plan For Future Better Crafted Than That Of 8 Out Of 10 Americans."
And last, but most certainly not least, you're probably wondering what's going on with that goat photo. Please enjoy 13 pictures of crazy goats on cliffs. I think the title about sums it up.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- How to get a permit to cut your own tree in the national forest Nov. 17
- Basic climbing intro for kids; avalanche class for adults Nov. 17
- See the film DamNation; learn about changes at Mount St. Helens Nov. 14
- Learn to cross-country ski or snowshoe this winter Nov. 14
- Hear photographer Paul Bannick speak about value of woodpeckers Nov. 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.