Let's start with this insane video of a skier surviving a massive avalanche.
That thing he is wearing on his back is an ABS airbag. You can learn more about them here.
Now how about a video of 30 skiers doing a backflip while holding hands? Because, why not?
Here's something a little more tranquil. A 45-second time lapse of frost melting at Stevens Pass. Pretty.
National parks are open again. Yay! Celebrate by looking at these amazing photos that take a new look at national parks.
Here's some hard-hitting news from America's Finest News Source. The Onion reports that "Chipmunk's Plan For Future Better Crafted Than That Of 8 Out Of 10 Americans."
And last, but most certainly not least, you're probably wondering what's going on with that goat photo. Please enjoy 13 pictures of crazy goats on cliffs. I think the title about sums it up.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.