Seahawks could bring back FB Michael Robinson
A team spokesman confirmed that the Pro Bowl fullback is expected to be in town for a physical Monday, which could be the first step towards re-signing Robinson, who spent the past three seasons in Seattle.
Robinson not only became one of the league's top fullbacks while in Seattle--he converted from running back to fullback in his first season with the Seahawks--he was also a special teams standout and a respected leader in the locker room.
The $2.5 million Robinson was due to make this, year, however, trumped all of those positives, which along with a preseason illness, is why he was released in September.
But with starting fullback Derrick Coleman having suffered a hamstring injury, the Seahawks have no healthy options at the position if that injury is serious. Rookie Spencer Ware has played some at fullback and running back, but he has been out since Week 2 with an ankle injury.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Friday injury updates from Pete Carroll Dec. 26
- Seahawks release DT Travian Robertson Dec. 26
- Marshawn Lynch fined for his, um, gripping touchdown celebration Dec. 26
- Russell Wilson dancing with his grandma? Russell Wilson dancing with his grandma Dec. 26
- Seahawks-Rams Wednesday injury report Dec. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.