What's up with the crazy jetpacks on Lake Stevens?
The business is based in Lake Stevens. They operate out of Eastern Washington usually, but are working to get permits so they can take out customers on Lake Stevens, too.
Here's a video from their site of people using Flyboard at Moses Lake.
It appears that a budding Iron Man was practicing some moves on Lake Stevens this weekend.
Herald reader Lisa Hansen shared this photo from Sunday. (Thanks, Lisa!)
As best I can tell, it shows someone using a Jetleve Aquaboard, or something similar. I've heard of these gadgets before, but never seen them in use.
I'm fascinated to know that they've apparently made it to Lake Stevens.
I'd love to know about what's going on in this photo. If you know anything, drop me an email at email@example.com or call me at 425-339-3046.
And, for your entertainment, here is a video of these things. Skip to 0:35 to see it in action.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.