Cronin's Bruins shut out Wesco 4A South rival Jackson 37-0 Friday night in Cascade's homecoming game. The win assured Cascade one of the top three seeds from the league and at least a berth in a play-in game for the fifth and final Wesco seed to quad-districts.
The Bruins play Kamiak this Friday in another crucial league bout, with the winner earning the conference's No. 2 seed and a guaranteed spot in quad-districts.
In partnership with the Washington State Coaches Association, the Seattle Seahawks coach of the week award honors a local high school football coach. Cronin was selected as the 3A/4A Coach of the Week.
Sultan head coach Ben Murphy was the Coach of the Week for the 2A/1A/1B classification. Murphy and the Turks were honored for their first-ever win over perennial Cascade Conference power Archbishop Murphy. Sultan defeated the Wildcats 21-16 on the road Friday, in The Herald's Game of the Week, capturing the 2A No. 2 seed out of the Cascade Conference.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.