Weekend reading: Relax, up high or with jellyfish
Sadly, I do not have one of these incredible chairs, but I really wish I did.
Since we can't all relax in that chair, let's watch this calming video of an underwater swim with jellyfish in Jellyfish Lake in Palau.
Then there's this incredible video of the largest glacier calving ever filmed. It's mind blowing and the sound it makes is just incredible. To give you an idea of the scale, this glacier calving is an equivalent size to the entire lower tip of Manhattan. The video illustrates this with some fascinating graphics.
Finally, and probably best, is this time-lapse video from a photographer's trip across the U.S. I was delighted to see it included Mount Rainier and Bruneau sand dunes in Idaho, two very different but gorgeous places I'm fond of. Watch it. You won't regret it.
If you need just a little more, check out this list of 20 great quotes from John Muir. Reading his words always makes me happy.
See you next week. Because, as John Muir says, "The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Basic climbing intro for kids; avalanche class for adults Nov. 17
- See the film DamNation; learn about changes at Mount St. Helens Nov. 14
- Learn to cross-country ski or snowshoe this winter Nov. 14
- Hear photographer Paul Bannick speak about value of woodpeckers Nov. 12
- Learn about moss and lichen at two upcoming events Nov. 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.