Sadly, I do not have one of these incredible chairs, but I really wish I did.
Since we can't all relax in that chair, let's watch this calming video of an underwater swim with jellyfish in Jellyfish Lake in Palau.
Then there's this incredible video of the largest glacier calving ever filmed. It's mind blowing and the sound it makes is just incredible. To give you an idea of the scale, this glacier calving is an equivalent size to the entire lower tip of Manhattan. The video illustrates this with some fascinating graphics.
Finally, and probably best, is this time-lapse video from a photographer's trip across the U.S. I was delighted to see it included Mount Rainier and Bruneau sand dunes in Idaho, two very different but gorgeous places I'm fond of. Watch it. You won't regret it.
If you need just a little more, check out this list of 20 great quotes from John Muir. Reading his words always makes me happy.
See you next week. Because, as John Muir says, "The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.