Sadly, I do not have one of these incredible chairs, but I really wish I did.
Since we can't all relax in that chair, let's watch this calming video of an underwater swim with jellyfish in Jellyfish Lake in Palau.
Then there's this incredible video of the largest glacier calving ever filmed. It's mind blowing and the sound it makes is just incredible. To give you an idea of the scale, this glacier calving is an equivalent size to the entire lower tip of Manhattan. The video illustrates this with some fascinating graphics.
Finally, and probably best, is this time-lapse video from a photographer's trip across the U.S. I was delighted to see it included Mount Rainier and Bruneau sand dunes in Idaho, two very different but gorgeous places I'm fond of. Watch it. You won't regret it.
If you need just a little more, check out this list of 20 great quotes from John Muir. Reading his words always makes me happy.
See you next week. Because, as John Muir says, "The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Author of Pacific coast guide book to speak Saturday Nov. 18
- How to be prepared for winter travel in the forest Nov. 17
- Learn to make best decisions to avoid avalanches Nov. 16
- Sharing Wheels needs help to get bikes to kids in need Nov. 15
- Help Mount Rainier National Park shape future of its wilderness Nov. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.