I first met Terri when she was the parent educator in my daughter’s FLED class at Edmonds Community College. So I can attest to her knowledge and kind demeanor. Terri is exactly the type of person you would want leading your postpartum support group.
Terri told me that this group will be for new moms with children ages 0-12 months. It will focus on the emotional experience of motherhood, including the negative parts. The cost is free for PEP members, with a $10 suggested donation for non-PEP members — but nobody will be turned away.
If you know a new mom struggling with “the baby blues”, this group might be a place for her to find help and support.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Dreaming of RVs — from my blow-up air mattress Aug. 23
- Blogs and social media are great ways to find your voice Aug. 16
- Dining with happy kids can be one frightful experience Aug. 9
- Breasts made for babies, so chill out Aug. 2
- School is right around the corner, so have fun while the sun shines July 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.