I first met Terri when she was the parent educator in my daughter’s FLED class at Edmonds Community College. So I can attest to her knowledge and kind demeanor. Terri is exactly the type of person you would want leading your postpartum support group.
Terri told me that this group will be for new moms with children ages 0-12 months. It will focus on the emotional experience of motherhood, including the negative parts. The cost is free for PEP members, with a $10 suggested donation for non-PEP members — but nobody will be turned away.
If you know a new mom struggling with “the baby blues”, this group might be a place for her to find help and support.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.