New group offers postpartum support
I first met Terri when she was the parent educator in my daughter’s FLED class at Edmonds Community College. So I can attest to her knowledge and kind demeanor. Terri is exactly the type of person you would want leading your postpartum support group.
Terri told me that this group will be for new moms with children ages 0-12 months. It will focus on the emotional experience of motherhood, including the negative parts. The cost is free for PEP members, with a $10 suggested donation for non-PEP members — but nobody will be turned away.
If you know a new mom struggling with “the baby blues”, this group might be a place for her to find help and support.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.