Snohomish County Democratic endorsements for non-partisan offices in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace include a write-in candidate for a Lynnwood council seat.
In Lynnwood, Democrats have endorsed write-in candidate Shirley Sutton, who is challenging real estate broker Douglas Lovitt and former Councilwoman Ruth Ross for the position that Councilwoman Kerry Lonergan-Dreke now holds.
In the primary, Sutton ran for another council position, finishing behind Planning Commissioner Ian Cotton and former Councilman Jim Smith, 88 votes behind Smith and 92 votes behind Cotton.
For Lynnwood mayor, Democrats have endorsed incumbent Don Gough against challenger Nicola Smith.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Final south Snohomish County primary election results Aug. 20
- Introductory statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Aug. 20
- Ambalada endorses Simmonds in Lynnwood general election Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Fire District 1 candidates Schrock and Luke Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Brier Council at-large candidates Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.