Non-partisan seats, partisan endorsements in south county
Snohomish County Democratic endorsements for non-partisan offices in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace include a write-in candidate for a Lynnwood council seat.
In Lynnwood, Democrats have endorsed write-in candidate Shirley Sutton, who is challenging real estate broker Douglas Lovitt and former Councilwoman Ruth Ross for the position that Councilwoman Kerry Lonergan-Dreke now holds.
In the primary, Sutton ran for another council position, finishing behind Planning Commissioner Ian Cotton and former Councilman Jim Smith, 88 votes behind Smith and 92 votes behind Cotton.
For Lynnwood mayor, Democrats have endorsed incumbent Don Gough against challenger Nicola Smith.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- State Rep. Ortiz-Self, challengers talk state support for schools July 7
- Statements on education from candidates for open 21st District seat July 3
- Monday deadline to register to vote in primary election July 1
- Introductory statements from State Sen. Maralyn Chase, challengers June 30
- Introductory statements from Rep. Luis Moscoso, challengers June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.