Snohomish County Democratic endorsements for non-partisan offices in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace include a write-in candidate for a Lynnwood council seat.
In Lynnwood, Democrats have endorsed write-in candidate Shirley Sutton, who is challenging real estate broker Douglas Lovitt and former Councilwoman Ruth Ross for the position that Councilwoman Kerry Lonergan-Dreke now holds.
In the primary, Sutton ran for another council position, finishing behind Planning Commissioner Ian Cotton and former Councilman Jim Smith, 88 votes behind Smith and 92 votes behind Cotton.
For Lynnwood mayor, Democrats have endorsed incumbent Don Gough against challenger Nicola Smith.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statements from Terrace Council incumbent Sonmore and challenger Barnes Sep. 10
- Introductory statement from Mountlake Terrace Council incumbent Wahl Sep. 9
- Issue statements from Edmonds Council candidates Crank and Teitzel Sep. 8
- Introductory statements from two unopposed Edmonds Council incumbents Sep. 4
- Introductory statements from unopposed school board candidates Phillips and White Sep. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.