Non-partisan seats, partisan endorsements in south county
Snohomish County Democratic endorsements for non-partisan offices in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace include a write-in candidate for a Lynnwood council seat.
In Lynnwood, Democrats have endorsed write-in candidate Shirley Sutton, who is challenging real estate broker Douglas Lovitt and former Councilwoman Ruth Ross for the position that Councilwoman Kerry Lonergan-Dreke now holds.
In the primary, Sutton ran for another council position, finishing behind Planning Commissioner Ian Cotton and former Councilman Jim Smith, 88 votes behind Smith and 92 votes behind Cotton.
For Lynnwood mayor, Democrats have endorsed incumbent Don Gough against challenger Nicola Smith.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Peterson’s bill on paint recycling has Tuesday Senate hearing March 17
- County charter-review positions will be on November ballot March 16
- Legislative District town-hall events Saturday in 1st, 21st, 32nd districts March 12
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.