Forgive me, I've said this before, but can you believe the mushrooms this year? They're out of control. The folks over at Mount Rainier National Park noticed. They've posted a fun photo gallery.
Next up, here's a video of blowing things up with water. This nifty tool is a way to do trail maintenance without the cost and work of real explosives.
Here is something that should never be combined with the Boulder Blaster. The Clymb has put together a list of six convenient ways to carry your booze into the backcountry.
Weather guru Cliff Mass recently posted an interesting blog about optical illusions over the water. Watch as the mountains and buildings seem to grow and shrink.
It's the off season for hiking, so I bet you're looking for a good workout routine to keep you in shape. This walrus has one for you.
Finally, just in case "I am the Walrus" isn't stuck in your head yet, let me fix that for you.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Enjoy a low-key family weekend at Buck Creek Campground July 26
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.