Weekend reading: Walrus workout, booze and blasts
Forgive me, I've said this before, but can you believe the mushrooms this year? They're out of control. The folks over at Mount Rainier National Park noticed. They've posted a fun photo gallery.
Next up, here's a video of blowing things up with water. This nifty tool is a way to do trail maintenance without the cost and work of real explosives.
Here is something that should never be combined with the Boulder Blaster. The Clymb has put together a list of six convenient ways to carry your booze into the backcountry.
Weather guru Cliff Mass recently posted an interesting blog about optical illusions over the water. Watch as the mountains and buildings seem to grow and shrink.
It's the off season for hiking, so I bet you're looking for a good workout routine to keep you in shape. This walrus has one for you.
Finally, just in case "I am the Walrus" isn't stuck in your head yet, let me fix that for you.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Andy Porter will teach classes on nature photography in Marysville April 20
- See art and adventure meet at book release, film showing April 17
- Ice caves trail, parking lots will be closed Saturday morning April 16
- National parks will be free this weekend April 16
- 2 Stevens Pass lifts will be open through Wednesday April 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.