HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- What replaces Obamacare if its foes win? 1/9/15
- Rate of uninsured Americans hits new low 1/8/15
- Obamacare enrollment tops 7 million 12/31/14
- Jeb Bush tries to cut Obamacare connection 12/27/14
- 2 million sign up for Obamacare for first time 12/24/14
- Budget cuts could delay IRS refunds 12/19/14
- White, minority health gap starts to narrow 12/18/14
- 42.9 million Americans have unpaid medical bills 12/12/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.