HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- Security holes found in HealthCare.gov 12/21/13
- State extends deadline for health insurance sign-ups 12/18/13
- Former Microsoft executive to lead effort to fix Obamacare website 12/17/13
- Health exchange enrollments increase 12/12/13
- Obamacare signups pick up pace, still short of goal 12/11/13
- New glitches shut down state insurance website 12/9/13
- HealthCare.gov sees enrollment jump after website repairs 12/5/13
- ACA website help available at 2 libaries 12/3/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.