HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- Obamacare cuts uninsured by millions 7/11/14
- House Republicans move ahead on suing Obama 7/11/14
- Report: Health law sign-ups dogged by data flaws 7/1/14
- House panel ordered to court in insider trading probe 6/20/14
- Some not getting coverage paid for from state exchange 5/11/14
- State considering survey of doctors about Medicaid 5/4/14
- White House prepares to take over Oregon’s broken health exchange 4/24/14
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at a core goal 4/21/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.