HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- HealthCare.gov sees enrollment jump after website repairs 12/5/13
- ACA website help available at 2 libaries 12/3/13
- After setbacks, does Obama have turnaround plan? 12/1/13
- Will Obamacare heal an ailing state? 11/30/13
- HealthCare.gov to meet deadline, White House says 11/30/13
- Health law business site delayed 1 year 11/27/13
- Stop pointing fingers; let's get the ACA to work 11/27/13
- Q&A for uninsured: How and when to enroll 11/24/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.