Officials initially thought Patrick D. Witkowski, of Des Moines, died June 30 due to an overdose of the drug considered to be a form of Ecstasy.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris said Tuesday that test results that came in last week showed Witkowski died of organ failure due to a combination of dehydration, heat and methamphetamine intoxication.
Harris said he had been working on the assumption the death was due to an overdose of Molly.
About 25,000 people attended the two-day Paradiso Festival. Quincy Valley Medical Center treated 40 for problems related to drugs and alcohol. Witkowski died at a Wenatchee hospital.
More Northwest Headlines
Parents scramble for child care amid Seattle teacher strike Kelso teachers vote to strike Wednesday if they donít have a contract Man used phone to call 911 after attack by bear in Alaska Hunting show host charged with poaching in Alaska State seeks some extra dollars in latest revenue forecast Lawmaker to file initiative related to state Supreme Court ruling Fast-moving fire in Klickitat County burns structures Nationís first state-tribal marijuana compact signed
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.