Officials initially thought Patrick D. Witkowski, of Des Moines, died June 30 due to an overdose of the drug considered to be a form of Ecstasy.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris said Tuesday that test results that came in last week showed Witkowski died of organ failure due to a combination of dehydration, heat and methamphetamine intoxication.
Harris said he had been working on the assumption the death was due to an overdose of Molly.
About 25,000 people attended the two-day Paradiso Festival. Quincy Valley Medical Center treated 40 for problems related to drugs and alcohol. Witkowski died at a Wenatchee hospital.
More Northwest Headlines
Southwest Oregon wildfire grows to 23 square miles State senators question deal limiting shoreline development New fishing restrictions off Neah Bay begin Central Washington wildfire grows to more than 9 square miles Man attacked by bear at Joint Base Lewis-McChord More than 350 people evacuated as Lake Chelan wildfire grows Tourists flock to gawk at highway projects such as Seattle’s floating bridge Kitsap sewage spill prompts warning to stay out of water
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.