Seahawks sign DT Michael Brooks; release WR Bryan Walters
The move was no-doubt made to bolster defensive line depth with both DE Red Bryant (concussion) and DT Jordan Hills (biceps) out with injuries. Brooks, an undrafted rookie out of East Carolina, originally signed with Detroit following the draft, then came to Seattle in May after being released by the Lions. He was released after training camp, and has since been on and off of Seattle's practice squad several times this season.
The release of Walters leaves Seattle with just four receivers on the 53-man roster, which could perhaps be a sign that Percy Harvin is close to coming back.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quick notes from Day 2 of Seahawks rookie minicamp May 9
- Pete Carroll quotes from Day 1 of Seahawks rookie minicamp May 8
- Notes from Day 1 of Seahawks rookie minicamp May 8
- Quotes from Frank Clark's first press conference as a Seahawk May 8
- Post-draft quotes from Pete Carroll and John Schneider May 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.