Seahawks sign DT Michael Brooks; release WR Bryan Walters
The move was no-doubt made to bolster defensive line depth with both DE Red Bryant (concussion) and DT Jordan Hills (biceps) out with injuries. Brooks, an undrafted rookie out of East Carolina, originally signed with Detroit following the draft, then came to Seattle in May after being released by the Lions. He was released after training camp, and has since been on and off of Seattle's practice squad several times this season.
The release of Walters leaves Seattle with just four receivers on the 53-man roster, which could perhaps be a sign that Percy Harvin is close to coming back.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.