Big batch of ballots to be counted today
Of roughly 170,000 ballots received, about 33,000 remained uncounted after Friday's tally, Snohomish County elections manager Garth Fell said. A big chunk is scheduled to be processed Saturday.
Several races remain tight, particularly in Arlington where two incumbent City Council members now have slight leads.
Arlington Councilman Chris Raezer has opened up a 15-vote margin over challenger Shery Christianson. After Thursday's count, they'd been in a dead heat. The latest tally is 1,469 to 1,454.
Arlington Councilman Steve Baker leads challenger Jesica Stickles by three votes after he trailed by 11 the day before. The latest count: 1,510 to 1,507.
In Mukilteo, Ted Wheeler widened his lead over Terry Preshaw from 32 to 46 votes on Friday in a City Council race. It is 1,838 to 1,792.
In a race for a spot on the Sultan City Council, Bob McCarty padded his lead to 13 votes Friday over Kenneth Marshall. The latest count is 397 to 384.
Incumbent John Boerger holds a 34-vote lead over Kerry Goodwin in a Lake Stevens School Board race with more than 4,800 ballots cast. The count is 2,434 to 2,400.
To get latest results, go to snoco.org/elections/results/ecurrent.htm.
- Is the business community irked at Eyman? 11/25/13
- Eymans I-517 may have lost him key support in future 11/24/13
- I-522 defeated; Murray next Seattle mayor 11/6/13
- $15 wage initiative winning in early vote count 11/5/13
- Murray builds solid lead in Seattle mayoral race 11/5/13
- Voters reject 'initiative on initiatives' 11/5/13
- Three of five tax increases repealed by voters 11/5/13
- Election in county, state could bring significant changes 11/4/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.