You can find help and information on household and personal care services, medical insurance programs, health services, personal enrichment and technology classes, and low-cost transportation.
Senior centers provide health services, meal programs, classes and group outings. Libraries offer free classes on computer training and other topics.
In addition to medical services, hospitals and health centers provide classes and support groups for older adults.
- Catholic Community Services: 1918 Everett Ave., Everett; 425-257-2111 or 888-240-8572; www.ccsww.org. Home care, volunteer chore and transportation services.
- Home and Community Services: State and federally funded household and personal care services and medical insurance programs; www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov.
- Everett: 840 N. Broadway, Suite 330; 425-339-4010 or 800-780-7094.
- Alderwood: 20311 52nd Ave. W., Suite 302, Lynnwood; 425-673-3339.
- Skykomish Valley: 19705 Highway 2, Monroe; 360-794-1700 or 800-398-4172.
- Smokey Point: 3906 172nd St. NE, Arlington; 360-651-6800 or 800-827-2984.
- Senior Services of Snohomish County: 11627 Airport Road, Suite B, Everett; 425-355-1112; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.sssc.org. Nutrition, housing, transportation and social services.
- Everett Public Library: 2702 Hoyt Ave.; 425-257-8010; www.epls.org.
- Sno-Isle Libraries: 877-766-4753; www.sno-isle.org.
- Camano Center: 606 Arrowhead Road; 360-387-0222; www.camanocenter.org. Trips.
- Carl Gipson Senior Center: 3025 Lombard Ave., Everett; 425-257-8780; www.everettwa.org/seniors. Trips, tech classes.
- Cascade Seniors: 1115 Darrington St., Darrington; 360-436-0646.
- East County Senior Center: 276 Sky River Parkway, Monroe; 360-794-6359; www.eastcountyseniorcenter.org. Trips, tech classes.
- Edmonds Senior Center (South County Senior Center): 220 Railroad Ave.; 425-774-5555; www.edmondssc.org. Trips, tech classes.
- Ken Baxter Senior Center: 514 Delta Ave., Marysville; 360-363-8450; email@example.com.
- Lake Stevens Senior Center: 2302 Soper Hill Road; 425-335-0345; www.lakestevensseniorcenter.com. Trips.
- Lynnwood Senior Center: 19000 44th Ave. W.; 425-670-5050; www.ci.lynnwood.wa.us/seniors. Trips, tech classes.
- Mountlake Terrace Senior Center: 5605 235th St. SW; 425-672-2407. Trips, tech classes.
- Multicultural Senior Center: 11627 Airport Road, Everett; www.sssc.org/multicultural_services.htm.
- Chinese Seniors Group: 425-290-1249
- Korean Seniors Group: 425-290-1274
- Southeast Asian Seniors Group: 425-290-1256
- Filipino Seniors Group: 425-514-3185
- Hispanic/Latino Seniors Group: 425-514-3186
- Northshore Senior Center: www.northshoreseniorcenter.org. Bothell, 10201 East Riverside Drive; 425-487-2441; Mill Creek, 15720 Main St.; 425-948-7170. Trips, tech classes.
- Oak Harbor Senior Center: 51 SE Jerome St.; 360-279-4580; www.oakharbor.org. Trips.
- Snohomish Senior Center: 506 Fourth St.; 360-568-0934; www.snohomishcenter.org. Trips, tech classes.
- South Whidbey Bayview Senior Center: 14594 Highway 525, Langley; 360-321-1600; www.islandseniorservices.org/bayview. Trips.
- Stanwood Community Senior Center: 7430 276th St. NW, Stanwood; 360-629-7403; www.stanwoodseniorcenter.org.
- Stillaguamish Senior Center: 18308 Smokey Point Blvd., Arlington; 360-653-4551; www.stillycenter.com. Trips.
- Tulalip Tribal Senior Center: 7300 Totem Beach Road, Marysville; 360-716-4687; www.tulaliptribes-nsn.gov.
- Dial-A-Ride Transportation: 425-347-5912 or 800-562-1381; www.dialaride.org. Curb-to-curb transportation for people with medical conditions or disabilities; $1.75 per ride each way; must answer application questions by phone to determine eligibility before use; processing takes up to three weeks.
- Transportation Assistance Program: 425-423-8517; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.sssc.org/tap.htm. Transportation for seniors and people with disabilities outside the DART service area; $1.50 per ride each way.
- Everett Para Transit: 425-257-8801. Transportation in Everett for seniors ages 65 and older; $1 per ride each way; must apply for eligibility, proceeding takes up to three weeks.
- Cascade Valley Hospital: 330 S. Stillaguamish Ave., Arlington; 360-435-2133; www.cascadevalley.org.
- Community Health Center of Snohomish County: Locations in Everett, Lynnwood and Edmonds; 425-789-2000; www.chcsno.org.
- The Everett Clinic: Locations around Snohomish County; 425-259-0966; www.everettclinic.com.
- Group Health, Everett Medical Center: 2930 Maple St., Everett; 425-261-1500; www.ghc.org.
- Providence Regional Medical Center Everett: 1700 13th St., Everett; 425-261-2000; washington.providence.org.
- Sea Mar Community Health Center: Medical locations in Everett, Marysville and Monroe; 206-763-5277; www.seamarchc.org.
- Swedish Medical Center: 21601 76th Ave. W, Edmonds; 425-640-4000; www.swedish.org.
- Valley General Hospital: 14701 179th Ave. SE, Monroe, 360-794-7497; www.valleygeneral.com.
Offers vary by location. Not all participate. Ask before ordering.
- Jack in the Box: 50-plus get 50 cents off drink prices.
- Seattle Premium Outlets, Tulalip: 10 percent off on Tuesday for 50-plus at many stores, including Coldwater Creek, Columbia, Converse, The Fudgery. For complete list: www.premiumoutlets.com/salespdf/Seattle50plus13.pdf.
- IHOP Restaurant: Happy Hour for 50-plus from 3 to 6 p.m. daily, up to $7 off two meals and two drinks, at 10301 Evergreen Way.
- IHOP Restaurant: Senior BOGO, Tuesdays and Thursdays 4 to 9 p.m., with purchase of two beverages, 3710 Broadway Ave.
- Tulalip Resort Eagles Buffet: 50-plus get 15 percent off.
- Ross Stores: 55-plus get 10 percent off on Tuesdays.
- Sally Beauty Supply: 55-plus get club card for $2.50 a year.
- Ivar's: Carte Clam Club card for 55-plus with 10 percent discount and a free birthday meal.
- Fred Meyer: 55-plus get 10 percent off the first Tuesday of every month.
- Denny's: Senior menu for 55-plus.
- Diamond Veterinary Associates: 3625 Rucker, Everett: 55-plus (people) get 10 percent off services and some products. Pets can be any age.
- Jiffy Lube: 55-plus get $12 off oil changes at the 6209 Evergreen Way shop.
- Shari's: Honored Guests Menu for 60-plus.
- Goodwill: 62-plus get 20 percent off on Wednesday.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.