Harvin, who has not played this year having undergone hip surgery this summer, had to be activated this week because the Seahawks started the 21 day clock on him by having him return to practice three weeks ago. Once those three weeks are up on a player on the PUP list, teams have to either add that player to the 53-man roster or keep him on the PUP list for the remainder of the season. In other words, whether or not Harvin is ready to play this week, he has to be on the roster if the Seahawks plan on him playing at all this season.
That's not to say Harvin won't play this week, it's just a reminder that today's move doesn't necessarily mean his return is imminent.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Earl Thomas, Kris Richard on effort and chemistry Nov. 19
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the Matthews/Smith switch Nov. 18
- Seahawks injury update: LB Bruce Irvin out for Sunday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.