Jackson was ranked No. 15 in the West Region by studentsports.com. The West Region includes high schools in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
"Must be doing something right to be in a class with these top West US high school basketball teams. Ready to prove it," Jackson starting guard Dan Kingma said in a tweet Sunday night.
Jackson finished the 2012-13 season with a 26-1 record, falling to Curtis in the 4A state championship game for its lone loss of the season. The Timberwolves return most of the players from last year's team.
"There's all the top teams from the west coast and then Jackson, a public school from Wesco," Kingma said. "It's pretty cool."
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Hinnenkamp chosen as new Lynnwood boys coach July 6
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.