I don't even want to know how much of my money I have given them over the years, but it's a lot.
Here's the most recent reason I think they're awesome. They're offering a Zombie Preparedness class on Thursday in Seattle. Here's the description from their website:
Imagine a viral outbreak has occurred wiping out a majority of the local population and other major cities throughout the globe. The fatal virus is to be considered highly contagious and dangerous. Nicknamed the "Zombie Disease," because those killed by the disease seem to be returning to life and prey upon the living. We are now facing a full fledged attack. Those of us left alive must now ask ourselves, "Where do we go from here? How will we survive and maintain the existence of the human race?" You are invited to attend the Zombie Preparedness Class at REI, where you will learn valuable survival techniques that could save your life. These same techniques could be invaluable in the event of any natural disaster in an urban environment.
Ha! How could resist that class? If you're interested, you'll want to sign up soon. It's free, but there are only a half dozen spots left. Click here for more info.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.