"You know I saw Peyton got a day off and I was like, ‘Man, where’s my day off?’" Sherman said. "So I was like, let’s come up with something so I can rest too. Just messing. I’m good, I’ll be out there today. Just needed some rest."
And Sherman being Sherman, there were a few other funny lines from his Thursday press conference.
When asked about his team's running back compared to the one he'll face Sunday, Sherman said, "I think Adrian Peterson runs to go, Marshawn runs to run through people. He runs to find people to run through."
After not being targeted a single time last week, Sherman was asked if he liked getting that sign of respect from opposing offenses. Darrelle Revis came up with the term Revis Island years ago for his ability to take team's top targets out of a game, but Sherman isn't interested in having an island. He wants to be busy.
"No, no, no, I don’t want be an island," he said. "I don’t like that. I want to be more of a tourist attraction. You stop here, I take your money, and then you go, and everybody has a good day. I don’t want to be an island."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks vs. 49ers lineup notes, Marshawn Lynch inactive Nov. 22
- Seahawks vs. 49ers injury report, Lynch questionable again Nov. 20
- Earl Thomas, Kris Richard on effort and chemistry Nov. 19
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.