To make room on the roster, the Seahawks released third-string quarterback B.J. Daniels, a player they acquired earlier this season after he was waived by the 49ers.
Some perhaps encouraging news in that transaction is that it didn't involve putting Brandon Browner on injured reserve. Browner suffered what Carroll called a substantial groin injury, and when asked again about Browner Friday, Carroll said, "He has been fully diagnosed, and we're waiting until the last possible second to do what we want to do, just because we can, so we're just going to wait it out."
That sounded like the Seahawks might have been waiting to make a roster move involving Browner, but the fact that he wasn't put on IR to free up a spot for Okung could indicate the Seahawks think Browner will be able to make it back late in the season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.