Seahawks activate Okung, release QB Daniels
To make room on the roster, the Seahawks released third-string quarterback B.J. Daniels, a player they acquired earlier this season after he was waived by the 49ers.
Some perhaps encouraging news in that transaction is that it didn't involve putting Brandon Browner on injured reserve. Browner suffered what Carroll called a substantial groin injury, and when asked again about Browner Friday, Carroll said, "He has been fully diagnosed, and we're waiting until the last possible second to do what we want to do, just because we can, so we're just going to wait it out."
That sounded like the Seahawks might have been waiting to make a roster move involving Browner, but the fact that he wasn't put on IR to free up a spot for Okung could indicate the Seahawks think Browner will be able to make it back late in the season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.